Thursday, May 31, 2007

Zoe Keating - The Legions

So SY's gift inspired me to see what else might be out there in terms of classical music with a pop, indie or modern sensibility. I pinged around my people a bit and behold!...a friend on Myspace sent me some info on an avant-cellist named Zoe Keating. Part Laurie Anderson (cello), part Cocteau Twins (hipster dreadlocks), part Tori Amos (symbiosis with her instrument) and part Michael Nyman (lush hypnotic soundscapes)....shes a creative force all her own. And the music is elevating, transporting, transcendent, mesmerizing, and can inspire a range of emotions far too numerous to be adequately described in my humble blog...it must be experienced. And I cant wait for her to come back through town...apparently she played the fox Theater in Boulder in Summer '06. Website: www.zoekeating.com

[You MUST listen to "The Sun Will Set" gorgeous sound, gem-like]

No comments: